Professional teeth whitening is a non-invasive cosmetic dental treatment that helps to get rid of the discoloration and stains from the teeth. The teeth whitening procedure helps to get a brighter and whiter smile. When the teeth are stained or discolored, it makes them look yellow and dark. This is a cosmetic problem that greatly affects one's appearance and self-esteem.
What are the advantages of professional teeth whitening?
- Professional teeth whitening is an FDA-approved cosmetic dental procedure.
- Professional teeth whitening is quick in delivering results. In most cases, results can be seen within an hour's time.
- Professional teeth whitening is affordable as compared to other procedures.
- Professionals use state-of-the-art equipment that provides great results with high efficiency. They follow strict safety guidelines that help to provide no-risk procedures.
- Professional teeth whitening is safe and effective. The procedure is performed by qualified dentists who use professional equipment that complies with FDA standards.
What are the different types of professional teeth whitening?
There are two main types of professional teeth whitening procedures - in-office and at-home procedures.
The in-office procedure: This procedure requires the patient to visit the dentist's office for the procedure. Professional teeth cleaning is done prior to the procedure to remove plaque and tartar deposits as they interfere with the procedure. The dentist then applies a protective gel on the gums and covers them with a protective shield to keep them away from the bleach solution used for the procedure. A tray containing gel is placed over the mouth, and a special light helps to activate the bleach in the gel, which bleaches all staining particles on contact exposing the pure teeth beneath them. This process takes about an hour and can deliver outstanding results, provided you follow your dentist's instructions for aftercare well.
The at-home procedure: The at-home procedure is suitable for patients who don't want to spend too much time at the dentist's office for this treatment. It involves using a custom-fitted tray that comes along with a specially formulated whitening gel-filled inside it and a separate lid that covers it. You have to wear this tray for at least two hours each day for three consecutive days, after which you can see some visible results. You would have to continue wearing this tray regularly until you achieve your desired results, which may take up to eight weeks in most cases.
At Biltmore Commons Dental Care, we strive to provide each of our patients with a positive and relaxing experience. If you're ready to experience the best dental care, please contact us at (602) 249-2227 or visit us at 1277 E Missouri Ave Ste 217 Phoenix, AZ 85014.