Replace Teeth with Dental Implants
When a tooth is lost, a dental implant may be needed as a permanent replacement. Replacing the tooth will not only make it easier to eat, but also prevent the jaw bone from deteriorating. Essentially, dental implants are anchors. They act like a tooth’s natural root by supporting the replacement dental crown. Once complete, implants are secure and durable and can be cleaned and cared for much like natural teeth.
What Are Dental Implants?
If you are missing one or several teeth, dental implants may be the right choice to replace those lost teeth. Implants are categorized as a permanent tooth replacement service, which means that in most cases they last a very long time. In addition to being a permanent solution to tooth loss, implants are essentially indistinguishable from a natural tooth, making them a very popular choice for our patients.
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Great alternative for patients who do not wish to wear removable dentures.
- Perfect option for those who do not wish to wear dental bridges.
- Fill in any gaps created by missing teeth.
- Help maintain bone support for adjacent teeth.
- Bond with the jaw, preventing bone loss.
- Prevent teeth from shifting which can lead to a change in facial structure.
- Viable solution for bite or speech problems.
The Dental Implant Process
In short, a dental implant mimics a tooth’s natural root by bonding titanium to the jaw bone. The procedure includes these steps:
- Dental surgeon completes a comprehensive exam and consultation, which includes X-rays.
- The implant, which is a titanium post, is surgically installed into the jaw.
- A mold is created for the replacement crown.
- Once the bone and implant are fused together, the crown is placed over the new dental implant.
How Long Does This Process Take?
Because an important part of the dental implant process is bonding the titanium implant with the jaw bone, a dental implant is not something that can be done overnight. It is a series of steps that takes time to complete in order to ensure the process is done properly and the crown functions as well as a natural tooth. In general, once the implant has been placed, it will take several months until the new smile is complete and full bite force can be applied to the dental implant.
First-Class Dental Implants in Phoenix & Beyond
The experienced staff and dentists at Biltmore Commons will be able to advise you on which dental implant options are best for you. Call us today at (602) 249-2227 to request an appointment. We also provide a wide variety of dental services such as restorative dentistry, Invisalign orthodontics, and cosmetic bonding. Since 2006, we have served the Phoenix area, including Uptown, Midtown, Downtown, Arcadia, Moon Valley, Paradise Valley, Glendale, Scottsdale, and all surrounding areas.