Do you experience anxiety while visiting your local family dentist? Biltmore Commons Dental Care is a sedation dentist in the Phoenix area that understands the struggles nervousness can cause while at your appointment. For a calm and relaxing dental experience, (602) 249-2227 to request an appointment today.
Calming Nerves with Sedation Dentistry
If you struggle with dental anxiety or suffer from one of the aforementioned conditions, oral sedation or nitrous oxide may be a solution. It’s not unusual for people to feel nervous about visiting the dentist, but for some, the anxiety far surpasses a few jitters. These patients may have:
- A severe fear of needles
- An exceptionally sensitive gag reflex
- Extremely sensitive teeth
- Difficulty becoming numb from oral injections
What Is Oral Sedation Dentistry?
- Taken approximately one hour before the scheduled dental visit.
- Patient arrives in a deeply relaxed, though fully responsive state.
- Patient is conscious, but mentally detached from the procedure itself.
- Effects of the sedative usually last about six hours and require the patient to be driven to and from the appointment.
- Gas is administered for a pain-free, anxiety-free experience.
- Patient is placed in a relaxed, yet fully responsive state.
- Patient will be unaware of any pain or stressful factors during the procedure.
- Patient is allowed to leave the dental office alone on their own and immediately resume normal activities.
A Variety of Dental Services
Sedation Dentistry for All Your Dental Needs
Treatments like oral sedation and nitrous oxide make it possible for dental procedures to be completed in less time, while also causing less stress. The result is a better dental experience and shorter recovery time for anyone who struggles with anxiety during their visits.
New Patient? We’re Accepting!
As a patient of Biltmore Commons, you will experience a professional, friendly atmosphere, along with gentle, compassionate dental care. When you experience an unexpected tooth emergency, call our office immediately. We provide emergency services for all residents in the Phoenix and surrounding areas.Request Appointment
Compassionate Sedation Dentist in Phoenix
Whether you need periodontal treatment, root canal therapy, dental implants, or comprehensive restorative dentistry, we are glad to provide sedation dental care for an anxiety-free visit. Request an appointment today by calling our office at (602) 249-2227. We serve the Phoenix area, including Uptown, Midtown, Downtown, Arcadia, Moon Valley, Paradise Valley, Glendale, Scottsdale, and all surrounding areas.