Flawless Teeth with Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers can be used to correct a number of cosmetic flaws by changing the shape, color, or length of your teeth. They are designed to cover the front of the teeth like thin shells, though they are extremely durable and natural-looking. During the procedure, these cosmetic veneers are custom-fit to the teeth by removing a thin layer of enamel. They are then permanently bonded to the teeth using a safe, high-tech polymer resin. Porcelain veneers can be used to correct:
- Discolored teeth caused from root canal treatment, tetracycline stains, too much fluoride, or massive resin fillings.
- Crooked teeth or gaps in between teeth.
- Worn down teeth or teeth damaged from friction.
- Uneven, oddly shaped teeth that possess holes, crevices, or craters.
How Are Porcelain Veneers Applied?
The porcelain veneer process is completed in three separate visits.
- Diagnose the problem tooth, along with a discussion for the best course of treatment.
- Determine the best option for you and your tooth.
- Discuss expectations of the process, along with the desired results.
- Take X-rays to have a better understanding of the health of your teeth.
- Determine if anesthetic is necessary.
- Remove about ½ mm of tooth enamel in order to properly install the veneer.
- Take an impression of your mouth to ensure proper fitting and comfort.
- Send the impression to a laboratory.
- Install temporary veneers (at an additional cost) if you so desire.
- Re-check the color and adjust with cement if needed.
- Polish, etch, and clean the tooth for a solid, secure bond.
- Add a rough texture so the cement, cosmetic veneer, and tooth bond properly.
- Activate the cement chemicals with a beam of light which causes the veneer to harden in place.
- Remove any extra cement as needed, listen to questions, schedule a follow-up visit.
A Variety of Dental Services
Top Benefits of Cosmetic Veneers
Porcelain veneers look, act, and feel like natural teeth. They have the ability to resist stains much better than resin veneers. If you practice good oral hygiene, you can expect your veneers to stay bright and strong for more than a decade.
New Patient? We’re Accepting!
As a patient of Biltmore Commons, you will experience a professional, friendly atmosphere, along with gentle, compassionate dental care. When you experience an unexpected tooth emergency, call our office immediately. We provide emergency services for all residents in the Phoenix and surrounding areas.Request Appointment
Biltmore Commons: Your Professional Cosmetic Dentist
Located in Phoenix, our cosmetic dental office proudly serves Uptown, Midtown, Downtown, Arcadia, Moon Valley, Paradise Valley, Glendale, Scottsdale, and surrounding areas. When you visit us for your porcelain veneer appointment, be sure to ask about our cleanings and exams, dentures and partials, Invisalign orthodontics, and emergency dental care. Call our office to request an appointment today at (602) 249-2227.