Invisalign: A Safe, Effective Orthodontic Treatment
The word “orthodontics” might conjure up visions of silvery braces and elastic bands, but exciting advances in orthodontic care have made it possible to straighten teeth almost invisibly. Invisalign orthodontics are clear, removable aligners that are custom-made to treat misalignments of the teeth and jaws. Unlike traditional braces, aesthetic orthodontic appliances from Invisalign provide some amazing benefits:
- Gradually straighten your teeth.
- Made from strong, clear, medical-grade plastic.
- Specially designed to move your teeth sequentially and incrementally.
- Comfortable, unnoticeable, and easy to maintain.
- No wires or bands that irritate your mouth or affect your speech.
- No eating restrictions, such as avoiding hard or sticky foods!
Effective Alternative to Traditional Braces
As the American Dental Association (ADA) reveals, the straightening of teeth can have a significant positive effect on overall dental health. The Invisalign teeth straightening system is a preferred method for teeth straightening because it is comfortable, smooth, and almost invisible while being worn. They are a great alternative to traditional metal braces, which can be very painful and cause ongoing problems, such as discomfort, trouble eating, bracket breakage, and tooth decay from restricted access during brushing.
Invisalign Advantages Over Traditional Methods
- No metal of any kind.
- Less invasive than braces.
- Virtually undetectable while being worn.
- No food restrictions.
- Natural-looking teeth while being worn.
The Invisalign Process
As an Invisalign dentist, Biltmore Commons follows a simple process for those who choose these natural-looking and custom-made orthodontic solutions. It includes a series of aligners that gradually shift and straighten teeth over time, based on a specific plan and schedule. Our Invisalign procedure follows these steps:
- 1 Initial consultation with one of our well-trained Invisalign dentists.
- 2 Take X-rays and impressions of your teeth.
- 3 Create a digital image of your mouth and develop a personal treatment plan.
- 4 Create a customized series of clear aligners.
- 5 Replace aligners with a new set every few weeks based on the treatment plan.
- 6 Regular checkups every six weeks are recommended.
Biltmore Commons: An Experienced Invisalign Dentist
Our experienced dentists will ensure the Invisalign process is planned and executed correctly during treatment. Request an appointment today by calling (602) 249-2227. Located in Phoenix, we serve Uptown, Midtown, Downtown, Arcadia, Moon Valley, Paradise Valley, Glendale, Scottsdale, and all surrounding areas. Visit us for all of your dental needs including restorative dentistry, TMD & TMJ treatment, and dental bridges.