With 2012 coming to a close, it’s time to take stock of any insurance benefits or flex dollars that are still available for use. For many of our patients, these benefits will expire on December 31st, and what hasn’t been used will be lost.
5 REASONS TO MAKE TIME FOR AN END-OF-THE-YEAR APPOINTMENT
1) Use ’Em or Lose ’Em Insurance benefits and flex dollars often expire at the end of the year. Any unused portions of these generally don’t roll over, so it’s important to take advantage of them before the new year.
2) Your Deductible Your deductible is the amount of money you’re responsible for paying out-of-pocket before your insurance company will cover any of your services. If you’ve used your dental insurance this year, you’ve probably paid a deductible. When your plan rolls over, however, typically on January 1st, the deductible will again go into effect.
3) Your Premiums If you’re paying for dental insurance, you should take advantage of your benefits. Even if you aren’t in need of dental treatment, you should still schedule a routine cleaning and checkup every six months to prevent and detect any signs of dental trouble.
4) Fee Increases Fees for dental services can increase at the beginning of each year due to increases in cost of living, equipment or materials. Higher costs can sometime translate into higher copays. Making time for an end-of-the-year appointment could save you money.
5) Worsening of Existing Dental Conditions Without prompt treatment, any existing dental conditions can worsen, sometimes requiring more serious, or expensive treatments.
An end-of-the-year appointment is an opportunity to address problems sooner, rather than later. To make the most of your benefits, please call our office at (602) 249-2227 for additional information or to schedule an appointment.